1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Does the D700 have sraw??

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by oldnslow, Aug 28, 2008.

1. oldnslow

oldnslow

Sep 23, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Just curious if the d700 has sraw like the canon 50d has, i am not wanting to switch brands, i am just wanting a smaller raw file to work with like the d2hs has, maybe i should get that camera??

David

2. Panopeeper

Panopeeper Guest

SRaw does not only mean smaller raw files but much less pixels as well (but with lower noise). The D3/D700/D300 can create smaller raw files with compressed 12bit raw data and even smaller with lossy compression.

However, I don't see how the D3 and 50D could be alternatives to each other.

3. gavin

gavin

Oct 21, 2006
    Can you not just shoot in one of the reduced resolution modes (6MP?) and get a smaller RAW file? or are these modes limited to JPEG?

4. tomtodeath

tomtodeath

Jan 11, 2007
    new jersey
    dont know about the new models, but my d200 has an option for compressed NEF files.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.