Does this fit here or there?!?!

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by NeilCam, Feb 26, 2005.

1. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Very confusing now we have a car forum and a sports forum, but I decided that given it's motor racing that it's a sport.

Anyway, anguish aside, I had a chance to go to Laguna Seca today and shoot with a pro friend of mine who's been shooting for the Skip Barber Racing School all week. Was great fun, although I didn't get to shoot a lot as I was helping make sure Andrew got the requisite shots of a each individual in their car. Here's one I'm relatively pleased with:

[​IMG]

Oh, she looked as good out of the car as in it. ;)

Neil

2. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Chicks in fast cars, sounds like it was a good day...oh ya and photography too

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Super Capture, Neil!

God, you got to go to LS? Wow, bet that was a treat! Any other types of cars running that day? You can tell she is a real looker, even through the visor! Do you know if this particular car is from their training series, or race series? It's so shiny and new looking!

PS< I'd say this particular post could go in either forum, fwiw.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice shot Mike. The red looks great.

Cheers
    Gale

5. LS is a really neat place to go. I have been there when I lived in the Bay Area. I always wanted to take a class out there but other things took priority, like my 11 children. Nice image Neil.

6. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Re: Super Capture, Neil!

Thanks guys and Gale. :)

Steve, this is a school car - the day was an intro day for new students. There were other cars running in on a course of cones (and water) in the large flat area behind the bits. There were two trucks running (shrug) and two of these:

[​IMG]

Neil

7. Re: Super Capture, Neil!

Nice tag line :lol:!

I looked through your LS gallery. Lots of great shots, and I particularly liked the one of your
    shooting partners... or is that you in the background? If so, did Paula take it?

[​IMG]

Then I browsed through your other stuff. Found the hummers, of course, and fell in love with this
    picture of an indomitable warrior.

[​IMG]

8. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Thanks Frank.

The pic of the two blokes was taken by Paula with her D70 and my old Nikkor 70-300mm D and, yes, that is my ugly mug in the background.

Glad you liked the hummer image - that bloke is still around, but at the moment he doesn't hang out on that cable which was oh so close to the deck. I'm sure he will once things settle down properly in summer and his hormones get under control.

Thanks again for the kind comments,
    Neil