1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Does this look tasty to you? (part 2)

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by ddietiker, Jul 12, 2008.

1. I am firing up the BBQ pit today, so in the spirit of Greg's thread....

I'll let you know how they taste in about 5 and a half hours :wink:

Warming up the BBQ to 225 or there abouts with some hickory

NIKON D200    ---    52mm    f/2.8    1/40s    ISO 100

Mean while prepping the ribs with secret home made rub and warming to room temp

BBQ up to temp, put the ribs on for the low and slow cook

NIKON D200    ---    48mm    f/2.8    1/40s    ISO 100

Brats to add 40 minutes before ribs are done. Hickory smoked BBQ brats are the best

View attachment 218643

2. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  3. You bet Greg. 3 hours into it now, they are looking pretty good. I will cook them to almost falling off the bone (2 to 2 1/2 hours longer.) Bet folks didnt think you could get good BBQ in the Northwest corner of the states. Temp been constant 225 and just a wisper of smoke coming out the stack.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2008
  4. yummy...
    i wish i were there right now

5. You are about as far away as you could be from me and still be in the continental US :wink: if you can make it in 3 hours, things will be ready :biggrin:

6. Wow Douglas, this post is making me really hungry!

7. hmmmm
    and i DO love the PNW
    it's time for a visit toward your part of the world, again

8. Making you hungry? I have to smell it. :biggrin: having to wait and cooking 6 hours is very tough.:wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2008
  9. Let me know Greg, if you like BBQ, I love to cook it.

10. a day of preparing BBQ together with some great photography efforts while the meat cooks... sounds great to me

11. Let me know, I have lots of places I know of for great shots.

NIKON D200    ---    17mm    f/14.0    1/60s    ISO 320

12. Well unfortunately, BBQ is not an exact science. That is where the pit master comes in. Not quite done yet, but getting close.

13. Done:wink: tried something different. cooked the one one the left with an exception. Added home made Lexington style BBQ sauce. Normally I set sauce on the side.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.