does this shot work?

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Backdoctor, Jul 10, 2005.

1. is this worth keeping? I was close and wanted to try different "poses" from this bird. Here there is one wing showing some. Is it a keeper or toss it?

original.

this one is cropped about 20% all around, but I find the post under the bird "distasteful". what do you think?

original.

2. Harris, they are both keepers!.

The second one is perfect as it is... However, I would try some different crops for the first one... I find the space behind his neck being "useless" and I would prefer to see the tip of the feathers...

3. ...or keep it and use it to play around with some of the filter/brushes/effects and come up with something artsy. ;)

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I like them both. I definitely would keep them. :wink:

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Harris...I think that you are far too critical of your own work. Those captures are great, I would not toss either...you have a true gift with your bird images and, I, for one, am envious!!!

6. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I think they are both great. I am not very knowledgeable about birds. What kind of bird is this? Love the detail in both pictures.

7. jaminphoto

jaminphoto

Jul 7, 2005
    SF Bay area
    You have extremely high standard to toss the first one.
    I dont see any flaw in it.
    I really envy people from Florida, as great as the wildlife here in CA I dont think its as good as Florida.

--ricardo

8. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Harris -- I'd keep them both, but then I don't have teh collection of great shots that you already have! You're being too critical of the shots -- keep them!

9. That first one is definitely a keeper. Like the second one as well.

10. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Definitely like #2 better, but,

I think it would be very simple to clone/heal brush out the poop. Just clean up the rail a bit, and you got yourself a keeper. The 1st one doesn't work for me due to the blurry wing part, and the expanse of open frame up top.

11. I think it works in a big way Harris......like them both!!!

12. Harris,

They're both keepers in my book, but of the two I like the first one best! Thanks for sharing. :)

13. If you want to toss it I will take it. Far better than most of mine. Nice work.