Does this work?

Hi all,
Tell me what you think about this shot from a local cruise in...
I like it myself although it is not exactly what I wanted...I wanted the motor AND the guy tack sharp. Problem is when you pan with a wide angle, the distance the camera sees changes. Hard to explain but I am sure most of you know what I mean... what is at the ends (left and right) get closer as you pan till it is in the middle and then it moves away.

Anyhow I am getting some very mixed reviews...my wife hates it...the blur gives her a headache! My buddy at work thinks it is the best shot I have ever taken LOL! Yup, both extremes!

So, what say you?

Picture is click able for better clarity...
Nikon D300 ,Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S DX
1/30s f/4.0 at 30.0mm iso200
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I actually like it... If I focus on the car, it doesn't hurt my eyes... otherwise it feels like my left eye went 15 round with Mike T. Maybe you should hand out 3-D glasses and start a poll! LOL:tongue:

I have to agree with your wife. I saw the pic before reading and that was my initial reaction.

fks

hi brian-

i like it, the blur doesn't bother me at all. would've been better if you were closer to the car for better use of the wide angle, but then you'd have even more motion blur (which is a good thing in my book). only thing i'd change is the tilted horizon (pet peeve).

ricky

Brian,

Love the car ..... background was a little distracting to me. Had a little fun with your photo ..... hope you don't mind. I will be happy to delete it if you want. Didn't spent too much time on the extracting .....

Image2framed.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Regards,

Latest threads

Top Bottom