Does your camera store KNOW you??

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Ruffles, May 18, 2005.

1. Ruffles

Ruffles

May 5, 2005
    Rexburg, ID
    I think I've crossed a dangerous line. I went to my camera store to buy some CF cards yesterday the the salesman says, "hey, I was just about to call you". They got a used 300 F2.8 AF-S II in on a trade and since he's seen me spend an obscene amount of money there, he thought I might be interested in it. Well, of course I was but the D2x has broken me for a while and I had to turn it down.

It's scary to think they have me in mind when they're trying to unload a $3k lens. In case anyone wants it, it's at http://www.kcamera.com and they want $2995.

2. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    I think mine knows me ...

All the staff seem to disappear when I walk in the door.

Neil

3. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Mine soon will. The UPS tracking page shows "OUT FOR DELIVERY" :D :D

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I think B&H knows me by now :<((

I know UPS knows me well. Now I call and talk to Amy and tell her, I have a .......She says where ya want it to go. lol

I'll pick it up tomorrow.. ok..

5. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    They don't know me, but they sure know my credit card number. lol

6. UPS certainly knows me. :D The driver for my area gave me his cell number so I can call him and meet him to get my package early. Where I live I am the last stop unless it is an overnight delivery.

Russ

7. Yes I think they know me. I phone them every
    few days and ask when my camera will show up.
    It is also a small shop with only a couple of employees
    who cater to professionals. :x

8. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    They know me so well that the last time I walked in they pulled the D2x off the shelf mounted a Nikor prime, turned it on, put on the counter in front of me. Now thats :twisted: .

It worked though. :lol:

9. IxLr8

IxLr8 Guest

The camera store employees at my place get into fights about who's going to service me. They put me on the spot all the time...

10. marc

marc Guest

i think that is great, that the camera stores you all frequent are so appealing.

i have a camera store story, that would stop all of you in your tracks, and you would never set foot in that store again.

the most unethical place i can never imagine spending huge dollars in.

all this store wants to do is sell you something, anything.
    no scruples, and god forbid you should walk in and ask for help.

i always thought the customer, comes first, not at this place.

11. Robin,

Do you happen to speak of PhotoCreative??? If so, they know me well too. I think I am the only US resident to buy a camera from them because I had to write them an email explaining to them that Nikon Canada offers 2 yr warrantys on Nikon cameras even if anyone in the US buys from them. As long as the camera is sent to Nikon Canada, I have 2 years and then I purchased another 2 years from Nikon Warranty for a total of 4 years.

However, I really do like dealing with PhotoCreative. The two guys that run the store are super nice and everytime I have talked to Nikon Canada, they have always had some very friendly personalities.