1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Dog Agility

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by RKnecht, Sep 19, 2008.

1. I posted these in the "Sports" forum, but as always, I'll share them here too On Saturday of the show, we had the rain from Hana come through. It made for some interesting shots. Shooting in sideways rain is always fun:eek: 

375625857_iD8xq-XL.

375626212_zio6x-XL.

On Sunday, it cleared up and made for a beautiful day for shooting. On the teeter, the goal is for the dog to be on the yellow contact zone AND for the teeter to hit the ground before the dog moves on to the next obstacle. Here are a couple "Whoops!":

375626262_PZPPL-XL.

375626297_tiHkr-XL.

And finally, I couldn't let you go without a picture of the obligatory rasta dog :biggrin:

375626378_osD5a-XL.

All of the above were taken with the D3 and 300 2.8 or 70-200 VR/1.6 TC combo.

2. As usual Rich, your shots of these trials are spectacular...
    Love the first shot of the Border Collie... Superb in the rain...
    And the last shot just cracks me up... There is a dog in there, isn't there... LOL...
    Thanks for sharing them...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2008
  3. LOL, are you sure that last one is a dog? Nice shots for sure!

4. Amarok

Amarok

Aug 25, 2008
    Prairie City OR
    Haha I love number 3 ! Great shots I have a Australian Cattle Dog that does agility.

5. I LOVE your agility shots! They're always amazing...makes me want to not be so lazy with my Buster and get him back into it.

6. rrx3

rrx3

Jun 14, 2008
    Wiltshire, UK
    Fantastic. Your shots inspire me, truly.
    That last shot - it's a dog? Really? Looks like someone fired a mop from a cannon..

7. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    More incredible photos rich. :cool: 

8. AgilityIG

AgilityIG

May 13, 2008
    Iowa
    Great shots Rich!!! I love the Malinois on the teeter!

Unfortunately, this weekends trial was indoors - I just ran my dogs - no shooting. I took the camera to play, but half the lights in the building were out and that made shooting conditions too bad to even try. ICK!! I can't wait for OUTDOOR trials!!!

9. InLimbo87

InLimbo87

Jul 30, 2008
    Orlando, Fl
    Love the action shots!

The rain shots turned out very nice, and that rasta dog looks like a blast to watch

10. BarryS

BarryS

Dec 12, 2006
    Narberth, PA
    I like the rain shots they are really different. And the dog with the dredds is awesome.

11. Rich:
    Great shots. Glad I found this thread. Looking forward to see more. PS, Border Collie shot was my favorite.

Michael

12. Gandalf

Gandalf

Nov 15, 2006
    Arkansas
    Fired a mop from a cannon....? I'm still laughing at that comment, Gary!

Great shots, Rich! As always, I'm a sucker for the border collies!

13. ROFL! Yep!:biggrin:

14. Very good rain shots! Looks like some of the participants don't want to be on the teeter when it hits ground:eek: 

As usual your shots are awesome.

15. I love #4 of the BC. Beautiful shots. My dog is training in agility right now. It's such a fun sport

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.