1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Dog Days of Summer

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Corsairvelo, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Hot days for ol' Lucy...

101136498.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Marina

Marina Guest

Excellent capture! I even like selective coloring on this shot (usually not a big fan of)

Beautiful doggy!

3. gorgeous dog
    black fur and hot sun.... bad combo
    but... my black portuguese water dog LOVES to "sun" herself when it is the hottest part of the day

nice shot

4. Thanks for the replies. Lucy doesn't generally sun herself too long, she tends to dig a hole in the shade and lie in the cooler dirt.... a practice I try hard to prevent :) 

5. What a great shot... Of a beautiful looking Lab..
    Really like the select colouring you have picked...
    Well done.... :eek: ))

6. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    Lucy really is photogenic, looks like a sweetie too, nice capture and pp :) 

Thankfully there's not much digging to do here, my boys like to relax on the pool floats, jump off, swim out, run to the edge and try again for the float, a big game. Luckily my wheaton terrier looks out for the toy poodle, so I don't have to jump in if he forgets the way out when he gets too excited :biggrin:

7. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    Very nice image - even like the selective colouring. It adds to the picture.

8. Thanks, I don't do a lot of selective coloring (or in this case, it's actually the omission of B&W conversion), as I think it can easily get gimmicky. But I'm glad you like!

BTW, I love your quote in your signature ! For more Lucy shots, look here:
    http://www.pbase.com/corsairvelo/almost_bw

9. Crazy Cat Lady

Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2, 2008
    MI
    What a beautiful lab. She has such sweet eyes.

Thanks for sharing!

10. Beautiful dog......great shot.

11. The flowers add great balance to this shot. Well done.

12. Gorgeous. Love the selective coloring.

13. This is just wonderful! I love the selective coloring of the eyes, and how they just draw you in. :biggrin:

14. All above, thanks all above for the kind words.
    Regards,
    PG

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.