Dog friends house on fire in Florida

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tojor, Jun 25, 2007.

1. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    I just got the news that some of my dog friends house in Florida went up in flames due to lightning. Luckily no one was hurt neither people or dogs. Janice McGlashon is such a wonderful person and I feel so sorry for her and her husband. Their dogs are closely related to my dogs and I was chocked to hear this.

Another friend in Florida sent me this link with a videoclip of the fire.

http://www.wesh.com/video/13561340/index.html

2. I was so glad to see she got her dogs out in time, and now comes her slow, painful journey dealing with the insurance company. That was a bad fired due to only a simple lightning strike - amazing the power of a storm cloud.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow
    That is not to far from where I live ..About 60 miles
    I did see that on the news...
    I watched the clip.
    Beautiful pups :>))
    our friends seem to have a good attitude on the situation. Guess just in shock. I am sure the home is prob totaled..
    So sorry to see this.
    Thanks Torben

4. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Sandi, it is amazing that just one lightning can do this. There must have been thousands of those over the house and then suddenly it strikes. I hope the insurance matter goes smoothly.

Wow 60 miles Gale. You must have witnessed that thunderstorm too. Another friend of mine in Orlando had just left the house with her 4 dogs. She wanted to get home before the thunderstorm and heard about it when she got home.

Janice is one of the happiest people I've ever met. If someone can take this blow she is the one. Remarkable person.

5. Glad all is well in what matters. The home and insurance issues while problematic are minor in comparison to what could have occurred.

6. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    So very true Dave.