Dog sitting (Golden)

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by 180q, Sep 2, 2008.

1. 180q

180q

Jan 6, 2008
    Northeast
    We did some dog sitting over the weekend for the in laws. I thought I'd take the opportunity and use him for some portraits. I have to say that this must be the laziest dog ever. Could not get him to wonder around the yard at all. He just wanted to mosey around or come after me to take him inside. No fun at all. His laziness did lend itself to some decent poses though. These are all shot with a D300 and 80-200 AF-S.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2008
  2. Well....................2 thoughts: a) he looks quite overweight and b) he looks old. Extra weight x many years = unhappy joints in older dogs. :wink:

Looks like you still pulled some decent shots out though. :smile:

3. 180q

180q

Jan 6, 2008
    Northeast
    Thanks Gretchen. He is older, but I don't think he's overweight. He's right about 100lbs. I believe. He's never been much of a retriever.....more of a pet me 24/7 please dog. He's basically very spoiled and loves every minute of it.

-Chad

4. Hi Chad...
    Lovely looking retriever, but I might be a little bias, as I have 2...LOL...:biggrin:

Just for your info, retrievers should not get over 35Kg (77lbs), and if they do, it is over weight for them.
    Put this together with age as Gretchen said he might be in a little pain in the joints...:frown:, plus he may have a touch of arthritis...
    I know if ours become inactive, something is not right...

But anyway, you did a great job with these shots, they look superb...
    Love the low angle, and the 80-200 works a treat.... BTW, whats his name..???
    Thanks for sharing...

5. ah, Gretchen....
    thank goodness he didn't post any pictures of ME...... :smile:
    no wonder i groaned getting out of bed this morning... :tongue:..:eek:....:biggrin:

6. a nice series of shots
    interesting colors...
    i like the last one

i won't comment about the dog's size... as long as the dog doesn't comment about MINE... :rolleyes::biggrin:

7. Looks like a very loved, content fellow- Thanks for sharing, easy to see you give him a lot of love.

8. 180q

180q

Jan 6, 2008
    Northeast
    Thank you for the comments everyone.

77lbs?! I don't think he's ever been that! I must say that he is the smartest dog I've ever met. He's very well trained and behaved. Oh, and he's certainly well loved.

Thanks for looking.

-Chad