1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Dog Wash

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Bluth_Fan, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Here's the pics I got from the dog wash. I ended up going with the 50mm based on the suggestion of going with the fastest lens I have. However, I'm still learning how to use that lens effectively but here's what I got. :)  It was a yucky (*hot*) overcast day, so I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted to. :) 

I tried to fix this overexposure but it didn't wok so well
    bluepit.

The actual dog washing
    choclab.

fawnpit.

athena.

Husky eyes amaze me...
    Husky.

My Buster straddling the picnic tables like the weirdo he is
    BusterPicnic.

Buster.

Someone was nice enough to give him puppy dog ice cream :) 
    bustericecream.

This is what I usually do, take pictures of my dog - so any suggestions/critiques are graciously welcomed! :) 

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2008
  2. Nice

Mylene,

I think they are all very nice.

I am not a big fan of putting text in the middle of pictures to prevent anyone from stealing them however. Anyone who has any skills in Photoshop, and who wanted to steal them, could easily clone the text out.

I think it creates a distraction of the photo.

Just my opinion.

Don

3. Thanks! I took your advice and removed the text. :-D

4. latazyo

latazyo

Apr 23, 2008
    STL
    number 3 is awesome

the 50 is a great lens for shooting dogs, I have been using it a lot lately for dogs

they are tough subjects, with different colors the whites are often blown out

Ive had pretty good luck slightly under exposing, but you can't save really blown whites on a dog because it just turns them gray, so the best way to fix it is to avoid it

I think you did a pretty decent job on number one considering what you had to work with

5. aw! It's Buster and co.!

The more pit bull shots, the better, I say.:biggrin:

I'm a sucker for dog pictures.:biggrin:

Good shots! And I blow out whites a lot, so I know how that is.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.