Dog

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Removed User 2, Apr 4, 2007.

1. My little dog with one of my favorite lenses: 50 years old 5cm summarit f1.5.

It's so good, so smooth with a unique rendition I can't describe it. It puts any 50mm nikkor to shame (and I'm a 50mm Nikkor defender, mind you!). Now I understand a little better why the Nikkor sells for 100$ while a Leitz 50mm summicron or summilux goes for 2000$.

All funny but so true. Still can't understand why the 50mm FL is so respected in one brand and not so in another brand :confused:

Anyways, here's my Dog in a ray of light.

Web-Doudoune.

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    That's one nice picture. What a beautiful world it is through your vision Ned. What's really amazing is that your photo is more than half featureless black. Thanks for this post.

3. Thanks Chris! you're too nice. My vision you say? Sometimes I have this thing about creating/directing a totally crazy movie. One which explains what is life... and it's all really briliant and glorious! But I then realize I'm just drunk in the middle of a crowd, in a dark club. LOL
    It's like that crazy guy asking to meet Dr. Hawkins because he discovered the secret. He showed him an egg. Really stupid but I liked this guy's vision. :smile:

Chris, we agree that B&W film images all have that little unexplainable something heh?

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    It's unexplainable, huh?

But yeah vision. You hardly used any photons at all!

5. Oh how I love the blackness in this photograph Ned..................

Black, black, black................ and of course "light".............! :wink:

Really cool shot! :eek: :eek: :eek:

G

6. Ned, that chew bone is bigger than the dog!

7. TechPan

TechPan

Oct 5, 2006
    Los Angeles
    That is a really cool image....

8. matthew.paul

matthew.paul Guest

Wow, Ned. This is just great.