Doggy rehab class

Discussion in 'Birds' started by MontyDog, Oct 9, 2005.

1. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent shots of some docile looking doggies Paul. I really like the third one. :smile:

I do have a question about your expression 'Butter wouldn't melt in their mouths'. There is a line in a Jethro Tull song that uses the same term, and I wondered if you could expound on the meaning and origin of the expression. :rolleyes:

3. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Paul

The third one is special :)

4. Paul,
    Canines are my best friends. I have operated a kennel for 8 years, just selling out last January. These are very good at showing the personality of each of the dogs shown. Good stuff and I can relate to it all.
    Dave

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow Paul,
    The one jumping is a PONY :>))

Good shots.

6. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Love dogs all types
    Love these shots
    thanks for posting them

7. So, was there a bone on the end of your lens? You certainly got their attention! :wink:

Nice pics!

We're in the process of adopting a 3-5 year old dog from a local rescue group. Any suggestions for house training an older dog?

8. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

9. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

10. Paul
    Love the the third one the perspective is great reminds me of the series done a few years back that was marketed heavily here in the U.S.

11. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Good shots Paul. Are these classes something you 2 are volunteering for? The mug on that Mastiff just cracks me up!

12. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Paul,
    I admire you and your wife for spending time doing something that is so important. I can't count the number of times I've been in public and someone's dog nearly pounced me to the ground! In fact, I have a good mind to send my Mother-in-law's dog to you for a good big of training...Just a few weeks ago we were visiting and her dog had the audacity to chase Benjamin and all but pin him to the ground (it was just play, mind you, but scared him so bad he won't let us set him down when the dog is near).

Thanks for sharing!

13. Paul,

I echo the general sentiment here: good for you for and your wife for helping these animals and the general public as a result. This is no easy feat by any means: in this area, a week does not go by without some news about a child, mostly, but adults too at times, being mauled, sometimes to death! :eek: by a pitbull (or pitbull mix), and the shelters are half-full with that breed alone! I know it's not the dogs' fault...

Anyway, thank you for your work, and your pictures! They are all good, but the real close up look is a crack-up. [As you know, I am both a doggie and kittie lover: I suppose that is possible! :biggrin: ]

14. Wow, you are teaching some big doggies there. Nice series of images Paul and that is a neat thing you are doing. My little guy has been to doggie obedience school and his manners are really good.

15. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

16. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Paul,the second has a geat expression.

Had to leave the school with Nena she wouldn't stop attacking the other dogs got her on private lessons but I didn't had a good feeling with it so we stopped teaching her things,she developed as a great big own minded dog,no probs for us,she doesn't allow anyone to pet her also it's the best guardian dog I've met no special training it's in her.

I'll bet your Monty is the opposite of Nena,shepperds are intelligent well teachable dogs.

Great avatar you've got,beautiful dog

Warm regards also from Nena

17. Better late than never.

'Butter would not melt in his mouth.' Try Wiiiam Makepeace Thackery's 'Pendennis' although it is a lot earlier than that. First appeared in print about 1530. John Palsgrove's book 'Lesclarcissement de la Langue Francoyse.

BW. Bob F.

18. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks for the info Bob. :smile:

19. This one is good.

http://www.randomhouse.com/wotd/index.pperl?date=20000905

Rich