I know there a lot of you dog lovers here and I just thought I'd share an experience my wife and I had with our Chocolate Lab several years ago. I BBQ'd some St Louis ribs on the grill. My wife decided to give our Lab a very small bone from the batch. He chewed on it until nothing was left. For days afterward he was having problems with his bowel movements. Wimpering while he was trying to go. Obviously in a lot of pain. Time for a trip to the Vet. After some xrays the Vet found a small bone fragment fortunately near the end of the intestinal tract. The Dr was able to remove it fairly easily and problem solved. That's when we received our education on never giving a dog a cooked bones. Only raw and only certain ones. Check with your Vet. Just thought I'd pass this along. I'm not sure if it applies to other animals as well but if you're not sure, ask your Vet. This experience could have been a lot worse possibly requiring thousands of dollars worth of surgery.