Dolittle Central has a population explosion!!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by NeilCam, May 29, 2005.

1. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    You may remember that one of the images I posted in the thread on our weird yard animals (https://www.nikoncafe.com//forums/viewtopic.php?t=4409) was of a skunk we'd christened Stampy junior because it was much smaller than the other two skunks that visit.

I was wondering why Stampy junior was so active during the day. It was often around at 9 in the morning and 4 in the afteroon. It was also very agressive when the other skunks and the raccoons were around at night.

Well it turns out that it's Ms Stampy junior and yesterday evening she came around with her six babies. As I said above Stampy junior is quite small and the babies are just tiny and VERY VERY cute.

They were back this morning and I grabbed a couple of pics. Stampy junior is the one with the rather ratty brown tail in the first two images:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All are straight out of the camera apart from a resize, slight sharpening to make up for the resize, banner added and save as jpg.

Neil

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Soooo cute! You were fortunate to have an introduction like this in daylight and that "ms" was kind enough to let you photograph the babies!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

3. AHHHHHHHHHHHH.......RUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!! They are cute little "stinkers"!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Oh they are so darn cute.

Great images of Mrs. Stampy and the little stampers.

Double you pleasure double your stink...lololol

My stinky was 6 weeks old when I got her and she fit in my hand. I guess I am really different. I love skunks. (de-skunked)

Keep sharing them

Thank you

5. I think I'll stick to birds. Less chance of getting sprayed by smell that will last, well, too long. :D

6. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Trust me Harris, the 80-400mm stays at 400mm when I'm photographing these little WMDs. :)

Neil

7. Absolutely adorable, (from a distance) LOL............
    Pele la'pue little ones..............cute shot