Dolphins (final) Part 3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steve S, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Wanted to run these new shots by you guys for one last time. I did put it on glass this time with black paper underneath it. Even wetted it down. Tell me which one and why you like it the best. bTW, Gordon, I love that flood filter! Is it easy to do? Want to do it on the final choice.
    fyi, These aren't cropped yet, just converted & reduced for now. Shot with window light, some having a ceiling bounced SB800 added. Again D2X/60 Micro used.
    original.

View attachment 23739

View attachment 23740

View attachment 23741

View attachment 23742

For kicks, one from the other side
    View attachment 23743

For reference, this one is from Part 1
    View attachment 23745

This one from Part 2
    View attachment 23746

2. I like the 3rd one the best. 1st one looks dull to me and like glass not crystal. , 2nd too much blue, 3rd just right! 4 & 5 below the dorsal fin looks blacked out. ( of course could be my monitor!!) Nice Swarvorski crystal!

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    thanks Ann

It was an incredible gift from a total stranger I met at the beach, who I sent a pic of her son to, and I want to present her a really nice picture of it.

4. Beautiful images Steve. With your permission I have used the flood filter on yet another of your images. I think this one turned out the best of all. By the way, the flood filter is very simple to use.

original.

5. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    I can't make up my mind between 5 and 6, they're both great!
    Jarrell

6. I'm leaning toward #3. I like both 2 and 3, because the crystal is sparkly, you can see the dolphin's eye and you're not catching a lot of rainbows in the crystal. I like the contrast better with the slightly darker background on #3...#2 is just a bit too light I think. Very neat shot....and I love what Gordon did with the bottom, too!

7. TheKO

TheKO

May 3, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    Gordon
    Nice touch!

8. I like #4 the best, and prefer Gordon's version with the flood filter. I believe that if you used the flood filter on your #4, I would likely prefer it to Gordon's version. There's lotsa right answers. They are all very good and make for an interesting project. Thanks guys.

9. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Gordon, you're my hero!

I think your rendition great, and is as good as this pic's ever gonna get, so I installed the Flood plugin, (seems easy enough to use). I'll take the original and tweak the heck out of it, and send it to this overly generous lady who sent it to me. Thanks for all your feedback everybody!