Domke Bag

Real Name
Mike
Has anyone ever ran a Domke bag through the washing machine? This one has been sitting in the back of a closet for a while. I pulled it out to use for something and it smells incredibly musty. The closet is dry and the bag feels dry. It has that waxy waterproofing on it too. Suggestions?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks!

I have cleaned other (non-domke) photo bags with a bucket of mildly soapy warm water (just dish soap) and a nylon laundry brush. brush lightly, rinse with clear water, and allow to air dry. I do it whenever necessary and have never had an issue.

Real Name
Steve
I've done it before and it was fine. My concern is that yours looks like their "Rugged Wear" version while mine was straight canvas. Canvas? No problem, still have the bag. The rugged wear might have a wax/waterproof coating you'd lose.

Real Name
Mike
Thanks everyone. I'll give it a shot. I have some of their water-proofing wax.

I throw my into the washer about once every year and a half (non oiled type) best not to tumble dry though as the metal parts could create some damage, leave out in the sun to dry.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom