Donington - GT and other racing

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by NikonConvert, Aug 17, 2005.

1. NikonConvert

NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Amsterdam
    Here are some shots I got earlier this year at Donington Raceway. It was my second sporting event, the first with the D2H as I'd only bought it a few days before. The 8fps came in real handy for some of these shots and the focusing... well lets just say it was a lot better than my last camera. All shots taken with the 80-200mm F2.8 (non AF-S).

Any advice for good angles to use for this kind of sports will be much appreciated. I got all the racing ones below from a grandstand.

Here is a shot of the pits:
    34859314_97d6f47d16_o.

Here is someone with more camera gear than me... Grrr :evil: . Ah well it's only a Canon :)... Alright 2 Canons with really nice glass!!! :oops:

View attachment 13962

And some rather attractive pit girls 8)
    View attachment 13963

... Oh yeah, here are some cars :lol:
    View attachment 13964

View attachment 13965

View attachment 13966

View attachment 13967

View attachment 13968

View attachment 13969

View attachment 13970

View attachment 13971

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hello Edd,

You did a great job nailing the pan shots of the cars. The cars are sharp and the shutter speed was slow enough to blur the wheels to show motion, great stuff. The image with the pit ladys...sweet! ('Nuff said) Thanks for sharing!

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Very Nice work Edd... I have to agree with Frank, those pit ladies are sweet too :)

4. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    good job on the panning.

5. Were there pictures of cars? Oh yeah...very nice! ;)

6. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi edd-

great panning shots. next time try some from ground level if possible to get down to the level of the car instead of shooting from above. also, don't frame the shots too tightly in front, give a little bit more room to give the impression that the car is moving towards that empty space.

ricky

7. NikonConvert

NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Amsterdam
    Thanks guys and thanks Ricky for your advice, I will deffinitely try it next time I go :)

Looks like I'll have to get more pit girls next time too :wink:

8. The let those girls in the pits. I always knew I wanted to be a mechanic. Well done series.

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Looks GREAT to me.

Got that panning down to a science :>))

Girls in duplicate, great smiles.. Super.

Youth is so wonderful :>)))

So many different type cars.. That VW is a cutie....lolol