Donington - GT and other racing

Here are some shots I got earlier this year at Donington Raceway. It was my second sporting event, the first with the D2H as I'd only bought it a few days before. The 8fps came in real handy for some of these shots and the focusing... well lets just say it was a lot better than my last camera. All shots taken with the 80-200mm F2.8 (non AF-S).

Any advice for good angles to use for this kind of sports will be much appreciated. I got all the racing ones below from a grandstand.

Here is a shot of the pits:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here is someone with more camera gear than me... Grrr :evil: . Ah well it's only a Canon :)... Alright 2 Canons with really nice glass!!! :oops:

View attachment 13962

And some rather attractive pit girls 8)
View attachment 13963

... Oh yeah, here are some cars :lol:
View attachment 13964

View attachment 13965

View attachment 13966

View attachment 13967

View attachment 13968

View attachment 13969

View attachment 13970

View attachment 13971

Hello Edd,

You did a great job nailing the pan shots of the cars. The cars are sharp and the shutter speed was slow enough to blur the wheels to show motion, great stuff. The image with the pit ladys...sweet! ('Nuff said) Thanks for sharing!

D

dbirdsong

Very Nice work Edd... I have to agree with Frank, those pit ladies are sweet too :)

fks

hi edd-

great panning shots. next time try some from ground level if possible to get down to the level of the car instead of shooting from above. also, don't frame the shots too tightly in front, give a little bit more room to give the impression that the car is moving towards that empty space.

ricky

Thanks guys and thanks Ricky for your advice, I will deffinitely try it next time I go :)

Looks like I'll have to get more pit girls next time too :wink:

Looks GREAT to me.

Got that panning down to a science :>))

Girls in duplicate, great smiles.. Super.

Youth is so wonderful :>)))

So many different type cars.. That VW is a cutie....lolol

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom