Don't be frightened

Discussion in 'People' started by Mitchell, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Played around with some self portraits tonight. My wife and children are out of town so there was nobody home to laugh at me. :eek: I'm mostly interested in the lighting. These were taken with one SB800 in an umbrella, a reflector for fill, and a second SB800 on the wall behind me.

Any comments on the lighting? The fill seemed a little dark to me. Is this an acceptable ratio?

I took this using the interval timer on the D2Xs with the 85mm, f1.4 and the SU800.

2. frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    The lighting looks very good to me.

BTW you need to get busy creating your Model Mayhem account :biggrin:
  3. Davo

May 3, 2005
    Las Vegas
    looks good to me. you can get away with quite a lot of contrast with rembrandt lighting (definitely more than here). there's plenty of detail in the shadow areas, the highlight areas are totally in line. good dimensionality to it.

success, i'd say.
  4. Do ya think??:rolleyes:

Maybe I'll be able to quit my day job when the modeling career kicks in.
  5. looks quite nice.

I would place the key light just a tad higher.The lack of fill dosent bother me.
    Great job acting as a model!

I know how it is to be without any models. (this was one of my first shots with my strobes, late at night with no other then my self to practice on)
  6. Paul, that is really well done. Nice lighting and you even dressed up for the part!
  7. Hey Mitch, cool shot and who is the good looking dude. Only kidding, I know it is you.
  8. Well done Mitch. I think the lighting turned out great. Heck, call me next time and I'll take the shot. I think I'm familiar with the camera you're using :wink: