Don't buy the wife a camera ...

Discussion in 'People' started by DanWhite, Dec 20, 2005.

1. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    or you will end up being one of her subjects :smile:

About a month ago I bought the wife a D70 as an early christmas gift. and she is getting pretty good with it. She even managed to make me slightly presentable.

A shot of me and the better half (The love of my life)

2. Congratulations Dan! You'll have fun together, now that she has joined your hobby. Very nice portraits also. I like the PP in the 2nd one- PWL I think?

3. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    Thanks Frits, She had a CP8700, but after an outing, she asked to try my D70 for a shot she just didn't have the reach for and it was all over. The CP-8700 went up on ebay now we are a three d70 family :) Now we just fight over glass :) I think this is the only time I ever wished lens lust on anyone

As for the post on #2 it is a vignette action that I got from action central I made a few mods to it but it can be downloaded from there.

4. Very nice shots you look liek a real happy couple...... Happy Holidays

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Wonderful photos Dan! Your wife looks like a very special lady...Thanks for sharing.

6. So give her one more gift.... Sign her up as new member of NikonCafe so we can enjoy more of her beautifull photo's. She looks having fun and i bet she must really like the D70.

Thanks for sharing.

7. Great idea Vince!
    love the shots and the story they tell, two people sharing together.
    Dave

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Nice images, Dan. It's great for the two of you to share photography as a hobby...provided she doesn't mind sharing her equipment with you occassionally!

9. Dan...what a lovely couple you are...Thanks for sharing these very nice photos. You done well with the exposure and composition.

10. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    thanks for the kind words everyone

Dan

11. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Wonderful, Dan

She is doing great!!! The photos are keepers for sure. I hope your wife joins us here. She could teach us all a thing or two. I have a couple of questions. Did she use fill flash and what lens did she use?

12. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    Terri,

We did use fill flash with a SB-600 and a lumiquest pocket bouncer attached. The lens was a Tamron 28 - 75 2.8 Shot in apature priority

13. I like the way you have handled the presentation of these images. the softness of them gives sort of a dreamy quality to them. Your wife has a nice expression on her face as you cuddle together. Good job.

14. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Echoing what the others have said these are really nice shots, excellent (and subtle) use of fill flash too. It's cool that she's taking an interest in photography, now you guys can enjoy it together (as long as you don't fight over glass :biggrin:).

My wife likes going on outings with me and such, but hasn't shown any interest in taking pictures of her own. I think the crazy amount of gear I've acquired has her intimidated. :smile:

15. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    gordon and Jeff thanks for the complements. The softening was done with a little noise reduction in NC. Other than that they are right out of the camera.

She has always had an intrest in photography. She has more of an intrest in landscape and nature and kids, but she has been a huge asset for me in the studio. She helps direct the shoot, so I can concentrate on the more technical aspects, she helps remove distractions, helps with poses etc...

I'm still working on getting her more involved here.

Dan