Don't do what I did

Discussion in 'Printers, Monitors, and Color Management' started by flygirl1, Jul 28, 2007.

1. :rolleyes::rolleyes: I spent about $30.00 worth of ink and who knows how much time trying to figure out why the pics coming out of my new printer on glossy paper did not look right. I had the wrong paper for the ink type in the epson R380 printer, not compatible:actions1::actions1:. So, if you are having trouble with colors or such look at your paper serial number and make sure it is for your particular printer. Tried the right paper and amazingly the colors are just right:biggrin:.

Cheers to all
  2. billg71

May 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I hate when that happens!!!! :redface::redface:

A week or so ago, I bought 2 packs of Ilford Gallerie Pearl, the Smooth and the Classic, and the salesperson at the shop asked me if I knew the Classic was for dye-ink printers. I didn't, but since that's what I have I was OK, just never would have thought about it if she hadn't brought it up. A good thing about shopping at an old-fashioned B&M store.......

Photography today is just so full of these little Gotcha's!

Glad to hear you got it worked out and thanx for sharing!

3. JimCo

Feb 16, 2006
    Sublimity, Oregon
    Yaa, I know what you mean. I once picked up a box (75 sheets) of OfficeMax branded Satin paper and it was horrible printed with my old Canon printer. The Canon ink wouldn't even dry. Smeared all over the place.

On the other hand, being one looking for convenience (as opposed to a bargain hunter), I bought Kirkland brand paper (glossy) at CostCo and it prints beautifully. I'm almost positive it's actually Kodak paper.
  4. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    yikesssss Nancy:>))))

I love Joe my printer guy...lolol
  5. KsJET

Feb 24, 2007
    I'm glad you got the paper issue straightened out!

I use Kirkland paper with my Epson R260 and have been getting amazing results! I think it's just as good as Epson paper for less $$. My R260 was free after rebate so I wasn't expecting a whole lot out of it. But combined with the Kirkland paper, I am incredibly pleased and probably won't be using Costco's lab again any time soon. Of course, the cost of ink is outrageous. :rolleyes: