Don't drink and drive!

The bicycle on the wine label had me thinking for a few weeks about what to include in the scene that would relate to a bicycle. Then yesterday a friend returned some stuff to me in the bag with bicycles printed on it. I immediately knew the bag was my solution. I only wish it had been larger so I could have used it for the entire background.

By the way, this wine is one of the very best wines I've ever had that costs only $10.

Mike 2021-03-04--0004-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Photo of the Setup
The tabletop is a wooden platform used for arts and crafts and the background on the right is a wooden shelf.

Though it's only a simple, two-lamp setup, it was really tricky lighting the scene so no glare was produced on the wooden piece in the background, so a shadow of the bottle wouldn't be cast on the bag, so the reflections of the two lamps in the bottle were in areas that would be easy to remove during post-processing, so there would be no reflections of the lamps in the word, Chacabuco, and so the bicycle on the wine label would be brightly lit in red tones (otherwise, they would have been black).

The medium lamp above the camera lit the overall scene and the small one to the left served two purposes: it cast light on the bag to reduce the impact of the creases in the paper and brightly lit the bicycle on the wine label. The small white reflector on the right side brightened the shadow tones on that side of the label without adding a reflection to the glass part of the bottle. Five focus-bracketed images at Nikon step size 3 were stacked in Helicon Focus using its default settings.

Mike 2021-03-05--0001-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
The separation between bottle and bag makes it look like there is a really bicycle backdrop! This is beyond creative. And I will have to source that wine!
I just ordered it from the The Wine Buyer.com. First time I've bought wine on-line.....$8.99 , no tax and free shipping.

I just ordered it from the The Wine Buyer.com. First time I've bought wine on-line.....$8.99 , no tax and free shipping.
Yikes! I overpaid 11%! :eek:

Ahhhh. Now I feel better. I had to buy only four bottles to get free shipping from WTSO.com. Karen's provider requires 12 bottles for free shipping, though it doesn't have to be 12 of the same wine. If I had bought four bottles from TheWineBuyer.com, my total cost would have been $3.38 per bottle higher. That's 34% higher!

Very creative and nicely done. I'm not a wine drinker but my wife would like to try that one. (The guitar images on your website are awesome...especially that Taylor 35CE, I bet it sounds as good as it looks.)

Real Name
Dan
Really a nice image, Mike. You definitely found a complimentary subject with the bag. What is the significance of the label which I translate to "where it all began"? Is it where the wine industry began in Argentina?

Thank you also to Bobby and Dan!

What is the significance of the label which I translate to "where it all began"? Is it where the wine industry began in Argentina?

You would have had a difficult time realizing that the answer to your question would be found by looking up the Los Haroldos winery's website. That's because there is nothing on the bottle mentioning the name of the winery that makes the wine. Highly unusual!

From the winery's website: "We are a family rooted in the Wine Industry with more than 80 years of experience. Currently, the third generation is responsible for the destinies of a story that originated in 1939. It was at that time when Haroldo Santos Falasco, known as “Don Lolo”, began to walk the streets of his small hometown called Chacabuco to market his wines."

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
I just wanted to report that the wine is indeed delightful!!!! (Good thing, since I got 12 bottles.....:D) Thanks, Mike, for the recommendation.

I just wanted to report that the wine is indeed delightful!!!! (Good thing, since I got 12 bottles.....:D) Thanks, Mike, for the recommendation.

So glad you like it!

I also like another inexpensive wine, this one priced at $11 for me (surely less for you :D ) -- 2018 LC Villa Montepulciano d'Abruzzo. I've had a couple other earlier vintages that I also liked but the 2018 is the most recent one I've tried.

Latest threads

Top Bottom