Don't fall in.

I have to admit that I was a little nervous kayaking with the alligators. I went over one at one point, but I think he got more of a fright than I did.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 93188

View attachment 93189

Wow Yvette...you are a brave soul. Not only did you go kayaking with the gators, you took your camera as well! Good thing you didn't fall in...would have meant a double whammy of dealing with the gators and your wet equipment.

Great shots!

Wow Yvette...you are a brave soul. Not only did you go kayaking with the gators, you took your camera as well! Good thing you didn't fall in...would have meant a double whammy of dealing with the gators and your wet equipment.

Great shots!
Ha Ha. Believe me I did worry about that. In fact my friend who took me has just had to send her camera in for repair because it got wet on her last trip. So I am not so sure if I am brave - or just plain stupid. :biggrin:

Be very very careful..This is alligator mating season and can be very agressive.
Stay far far away.

DON'T GO THERE

Be very very careful..This is alligator mating season and can be very agressive.
Stay far far away.

DON'T GO THERE
I know how aggressive they can be at this time. There is another canoe trail that my friend wants to take me on but it is very narrow and I don't think that it would be wise. This river was really wide and we stayed mainly in the open so that no alligator would feel trapped at any time. I think one just has to be sensible.

*LOL* And I thought kayaking over submerged logs was tricky!!! Great shots!!! I don't have those critters in my kayaking areas, thankfully.

You should be using dry sacs or dry boxes for your gear when paddling. When I'm just easing around, I still lay the camera in the bottom of the boat and cover with a towel to prevent drop water droplets from getting into the camera and lenses etc.

When I was in the Keys kayaking a few years ago, I had a hammerhead shark about 5' off the stern! :eek: They love the taste of human flesh - one of the few sharks which do! Be careful out there - you've just changed places in the food chain once you go into the water......

*LOL* And I thought kayaking over submerged logs was tricky!!! Great shots!!! I don't have those critters in my kayaking areas, thankfully.

You should be using dry sacs or dry boxes for your gear when paddling. When I'm just easing around, I still lay the camera in the bottom of the boat and cover with a towel to prevent drop water droplets from getting into the camera and lenses etc.

When I was in the Keys kayaking a few years ago, I had a hammerhead shark about 5' off the stern! :eek: They love the taste of human flesh - one of the few sharks which do! Be careful out there - you've just changed places in the food chain once you go into the water......
I took a cooler with to put my camera in but I found that I was taking pictures so often it wasn't worth it to put it away. I had a uv filter on and that had some drops of water on but I managed to keep the camera dry. I don't know what is worse - a hammerhead shark or an alligator? I don't think I would want to end up in the jaws of either one.

Alligators are in wide canals and rivers....
In the intercostal waterway on the east coast... I have seen 12 foot alligators.
No you are not safe.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom