Don't Fall!

Yet another attempt with the Sigma 70-200...As always, comments/critiques/suggestions welcome!

DSC_0043-01_web.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nick,

You definitely have the birdie shooting lust. I was out a couple of hours ago looking for signs of the hurricane coming in, and saw a blue jay, and all I could think of was that I wish I had my cam. :rolleyes:

Nice shot. :wink:

I most certainly do, Frank. :biggrin: I took almost fifty shots tonight. Still processing the others. I just hope my brother doesn't ask for his lens back, haha.

nburwell said:
I most certainly do, Frank. :biggrin: I took almost fifty shots tonight. Still processing the others. I just hope my brother doesn't ask for his lens back, haha.

Nick, I'm almost ashamed to say that I took around 1,000 shots this weekend. I chased a GBH around for over two hours, and took over 200 of him. The problem is that there are so many, I can't process even a fraction. :frown:

Flew said:
Nick, I'm almost ashamed to say that I took around 1,000 shots this weekend. I chased a GBH around for over two hours, and took over 200 of him. The problem is that there are so many, I can't process even a fraction. :frown:

--
OFFTOPIC
--

Oh i am not the only one that takes so many photo's sometimes that the CF cards can handle it no more so i have to take out my 40gb portable hd to empty the CF cards so i can shoot again. And then when i come home i think oh i shot about 150 photo's or so and then i put them all on my pc for processing and then i see that i can at least double it and sometimes triple it after a day shooting.

One day to safari park i came home with 500 d2x shots and about 400 shots of my D70 and still i was complaining that i missed two compact flash cards that i put on my portable harddisk that was not saved. :mad: And my computer sometimes begins to make strange noise.

It doesn't like all the processing of the images.

--
ON TOPIC
--

I see you are enjoying making photo's of bird. How is that sigma 70-200mm lens is it a nice lens to work with? And you must have a cool brother who lends out his lens gear. I am not so difficult too with some people with my lenses. A good friend of mine i sometimes lend my 80-200mm AF-S or 70-200mm VR lens.

Can you tell more about what was happening to that bird. Was it off balance or was there to strong wind?

Greetings,
VinceBeus

Frank, I'm ashamed to have only shot fifty shots, when you shot 2,000! That puts me to shame! I just wish I had the time to follow around birds and snap that many pictures!

Vince, I'm getting used to the Sigma 70-200. Especially since I would like the Nikon 70-200 VR, but way out of my budget. My brother really doesn't use this lens much (at least I don't think), so I doubt he's really missing it too much (it's acutally still mounted on my D70 body in my room!). As for the story with the bird, I was attempting to get a closer shot of it. It must have sensed my approach, and at the same time there was a strong breeze, so it almost lost it's balance, and while it was getting ready to take off, I snapped the picture you see above. Quite frankly, I didn't think it would come out all that good.

Now I need to find the time to process my other bird pictures, but since I started classes tonight, it's going to be hard to find time. :Sad:

Nick - don't compare yourself with Frank. He has a problem. He can't take a picture without the shutter clicking at least 4 times when he pushes the button. I think sometimes he pushes the button just to hear it click. Then he gets this giddy grin :biggrin: . I think he's addicted to the sound of the shutter.

Latest threads

Top Bottom