Don't get out of the car... <-my caption ~ what's yours->

... and keep the windows rolled up while driving the scenic rural roads of San Juan Island.
The deer are the size of rabbits, but the robins...

San_Juan_Robin_NC1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
So many views ~ so few responses

My fault: I kinda screwed up with this thread... I was in a rush and didn't post:

1) Looking for Captions <original intent>
2) In the General Forum

or

1) Looking for CC on the photoshop job
2) Post it here <got that one correct>

or

1) Post it in the bird forum
2) Make the robin larger <plenty of pixels for that>

:biggrin:

Thanks for the posts Bob n Bart

Dr. Ellie Sattler: We can make it if we run.
Muldoon: No, we can't.
Dr. Ellie Sattler: Why not?
Muldoon: Because we are being hunted.

Your eyes focus on the robin in front but there are always one or two at 90 degrees off to the side...

Ron,

I keep looking at this, with the theme from 'Rocky' going thru my head, and visions of Clarise (from "Silence of The Lambs") exercising at the F.B.I. training grounds. :biggrin:

Seriously, there are 2 things that I don't mentally "buy" when I look at this: IMHO the bird should be on one side of the road or the other. And secondly there needs to be a shadow from the bird that corresponds to the direction of the other shadows within the scene. :smile:

Seriously, there are 2 things that I don't mentally "buy" when I look at this: IMHO the bird should be on one side of the road or the other. And secondly there needs to be a shadow from the bird that corresponds to the direction of the other shadows within the scene. :smile:

Good observations, Herschel ... not sure which side of the road an ostrich size robin would take but... well the real reason I put it in the middle is because he was coming straight toward me not off to the side. But that does give me some ideas for a multiple Giant Robin attack scene. I just need to find the right "background" pic for it. :biggrin:

As for the shadows... that one was tough. I did put a slight shadow under him but as I thought about it there really wouldn't be any addional shadow: what is already shade wouldn't get any more shade.

I actually had to flip the robin to get the light on the correct side since it was coming from the other direction in the original. I suppose I could also warp him a bit to get him facing a different direction. Actually it's pretty easy to get robin pictures here... but this is the only picture I have with a robin running straight toward me!

I did put the robin in one of Ray's pics in Urban Dereliction (with his permission) and it lent itself not only to a shadow on the side but a reflection foward as well... copied here for your viewing pleasure (but don't neglect Ray's thread.)

20060101-urbanderelictioncolour-2pugged.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Top Bottom