Don't hate me because I'm beautiful...

Smack dab between the Wolverines and the Spartans
29343949_b320008a4b_o.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

One of the stores in town hosted a Dog Days parade this evening. What a total blast, seeing a bunch of dogs in costume, parading around town! This is my puppy, Trixie, dressed in her ballerina costume, complete with purple feather boa. Our two older dogs are far too dignified for such a thing, but the puppy is fair game ;)

And best of all.....she won a prize for best-dressed dog!

The local newspaper didn't send a photographer to the event, so I sent them a few of my pictures. I figure, hey, you never know, they might just use one of them!

The things we put our dogs through. . . Do you do Halloween also? Our problem is keeping the dogs from eating the costumes.

Regards,

Sommer,

Hope you have some MOREEEEEEEE!!!!

We used to dress our Boxer up just for the heck of it, and she loved it. We put my sons entire little league uniform on her. The kids put her in the red wagon and went walking around the neighbor hood with her. So funny.. Lady loved the attention :>)))

So more pics I would enjoy.

Nice shot. Congratulations on a great Beautiful Winner :>))))))

Thanks, all. I know the shot was nothing special, but we love our little pup and I just wanted to share. I appreciate your taking the time to comment!

Paul, our older 2 dogs have never tolerated being dressed up. We attempt to put reindeer antlers on them for a picture every Christmas, and even 12 years later they still pull them off immediately! The puppy is a different story though. She's grown up with my daughter and is super tolerant of being dressed up and walked around and basically treated like another kid. She does tea parties, she sits and listens to stories...she may just find herself dressed up for Halloween!

Gale...this picture is for you! Like your Lady, our Trixie really enjoys the attention of being dressed up and paraded around. Last night at the parade, one family brought 3 boxers and a min pin. This is one of the boxers and the min pin, and when you said you had a boxer, I just had to post this for you to see. I had such a hard time focusing on that black face, and I sharpened the picture to death, but it's still adorable.
29506259_7be265088c_o.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sommer :>))))))

that is great..
Thank You !!!

Got a big smile from.

Got anymore. I just love these.

Those poor dogs. That should qualify as animal abuse.
They should be humiliated, but they just don't know anybetter. :)

Sommer,
I just snap away. If they don't want you to they will sure let you know.

The doggies could care less. You can always offer them a pic of thier precious PUP.. Trust me they love those for sure.

Chris, spare me your ignorance. I work with a group that rescues abused and abandoned animals, and your comment is out of line and offensive.

This is the polar opposite of abuse....dogs who are so loved and lavished with attention that their owners bring them into town to show them off. These are dogs who have been raised as companions to children who love them unconditionally and who think they hung the moon and the stars.

The abused dog is the one tied to a tree, with oozing worm-infested wounds, whose owner doesn't bother to feed him. You won't find that dog paraded around town. You'll be lucky to find him alive when you go to rescue him and you can only hope the owner will surrender him peacefully.

Common sense dictates that it's best not to criticize that which you don't understand....go with that.

Latest threads

Top Bottom