1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Don't mind if I do

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phillip Ino, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Toot my own horn, that is!
    I entered a local contest being held by an art gallery for the heck of it, without any expectations of being recognized or even becoming a finalist. So, needless to say, receiving the notification is a bit of a surprise to me! :biggrin:

Hello Francis,
    Congratulations!
    You have been selected as a participant for this years Facing East Exhibit and are a finalist for the Best of Show designation.

If we may, our jury would like the opportunity to meet one more time, on Monday, to select the final images to be shown in the exhibit. At the end of the day on Monday we will notify you via email of the images we'd like you to print to be hung in the show.

Though the application states that final images are due at the gallery on Tuesday, we really will not hang the show until Friday evening/Saturday morning. As long as you get your pieces to us on or by Friday, we will have plenty of time to install them.

Thank you for taking the time to, and having interest in, participating in our 2008 Facing East exhibit. We look forwarding to seeing you and your friends at the opening reception next Saturday.
    Again, congratulations!
    Best,
    --Harold McMillan

Toot Toot! :biggrin::wink:

2. Toot Toot, is right
    congratulations, Francis
    that is a well-deserved bit of recognition
    how awesome for you

please keep us informed
    good luck
    thanks for sharing these great honor with us

3. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Thank you kindly, Greg! I just hope I wasn't the only one who entered in the contest :tongue::wink:

4. Great news Francis, some great photographers from the Cafe, always a joy to hear. Toot away:biggrin:
    Tim

5. you are too funny :rolleyes: 
    i can't wait to see how this all works out
    good luck

6. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Thanks, Tim! I'm feeling pretty joyful right now! :biggrin:

7. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    I do that so I don't jinx myself. :wink:

8. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    suburbia, ny
    great job Francis
    I have won a couple of things locally, and it is a great feeling

show us the picture...

9. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Thanks, Frank! I remember you winning that. I will show the pics once they decide which ones they will display out of of the series I entered. :smile:

10. deadmeat

deadmeat

Jul 18, 2008
    Sarasota, FL
    Definitely interested in seeing those winners!

Congrats on you getting your work recognized!

-meaty

11. Congrats Francis! Is there a website of the exhibit? I would like to see more of your work and the other finalists.

12. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Thanks, Randy! I am not sure when they'll update with the exhibit, but here it is:

http://www.diversearts.org/home.html

13. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Francis...you roooooock

14. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Hardly! Thanks, Linda:redface:

15. Congrats Francis! I Hope you win.

16. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Thank you very much! I hope I do too....wouldn't turn down a cash prize and art supplies :biggrin:. If I don't I'll still be very happy.

17. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Congrats!!!!!!!!! Will there be online voting for outsiders like us, or no?

18. panda81

panda81

Feb 7, 2008
    Texas
    awesome, congrats!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

so, which image(s) made it happen??

19. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Thanks, Joe! No outside voting, unfortunately. I know Y'all would be all over that lol. :wink:
    P.S. Sorry to hear about your lens accident :frown:

20. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Thanks, Jerry :biggrin:. I will post images once they let me know which of my 10 photos are to be showcased. Oh and on your D300, you can use the multi-selector to change the focus location and you can see it while looking thru the viewfinder or you can, as already suggested, press the info button and make your selection using the big LCD screen.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.