Don't mind if I do

Toot my own horn, that is!
I entered a local contest being held by an art gallery for the heck of it, without any expectations of being recognized or even becoming a finalist. So, needless to say, receiving the notification is a bit of a surprise to me! :biggrin:

Hello Francis,
Congratulations!
You have been selected as a participant for this years Facing East Exhibit and are a finalist for the Best of Show designation.

If we may, our jury would like the opportunity to meet one more time, on Monday, to select the final images to be shown in the exhibit. At the end of the day on Monday we will notify you via email of the images we'd like you to print to be hung in the show.

Though the application states that final images are due at the gallery on Tuesday, we really will not hang the show until Friday evening/Saturday morning. As long as you get your pieces to us on or by Friday, we will have plenty of time to install them.

Thank you for taking the time to, and having interest in, participating in our 2008 Facing East exhibit. We look forwarding to seeing you and your friends at the opening reception next Saturday.
Again, congratulations!
Best,
--Harold McMillan

Toot Toot! :biggrin::wink:

Toot Toot, is right
congratulations, Francis
that is a well-deserved bit of recognition
how awesome for you

please keep us informed
good luck
thanks for sharing these great honor with us

Toot Toot, is right
congratulations, Francis
that is a well-deserved bit of recognition
how awesome for you

please keep us informed
good luck
thanks for sharing these great honor with us

Thank you kindly, Greg! I just hope I wasn't the only one who entered in the contest :tongue::wink:

great job Francis
I have won a couple of things locally, and it is a great feeling

show us the picture...

great job Francis
I have won a couple of things locally, and it is a great feeling

show us the picture...

Thanks, Frank! I remember you winning that. I will show the pics once they decide which ones they will display out of of the series I entered. :smile:

Congrats!!!!!!!!! Will there be online voting for outsiders like us, or no?

awesome, congrats!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

so, which image(s) made it happen??

Thanks, Jerry :biggrin:. I will post images once they let me know which of my 10 photos are to be showcased. Oh and on your D300, you can use the multi-selector to change the focus location and you can see it while looking thru the viewfinder or you can, as already suggested, press the info button and make your selection using the big LCD screen.

Latest threads

Top Bottom