Don't Touch!

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by rlhaas, Apr 17, 2007.

1. rlhaas

rlhaas

Jan 24, 2007
    Everett, WA
    This is my first post here in this forum. Thought I would wade in. Here are a few photos of some cactus that I took during a recent visit to the Volunteer Park Conservatory in Seattle, WA. Enjoy and please provide comments and criticism. I am always looking for ways to improve my skills in taking photos and processing.

View attachment 91082

View attachment 91083

View attachment 91084

View attachment 91085

Robin Haas

2. Hi Robin, welcome and some nice shots of Cactii there. It would be nice if you could get even closer on some of them. But of course they will prick if you get too close :) What lens were you using?

In shot #4 it would be nice if you had the pink flowers as your focus point. You should try some real close ups if you have a macro lens.

3. rlhaas

rlhaas

Jan 24, 2007
    Everett, WA
    Thanks Mitch,
    I was using the 18 - 70 lens with this. They were taken (hand held) before I got the 105 VR lens. I was in an conservatory and they did not allow tripods or monopods (makes you a professional) so I had to do with what I had. I would definitely use the 105 if I took them again. I agree that the focus is soft on a couple of them and getting closer would improve them. Thanks for the comments.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Pretty photos
    Could use some sharpening