Double flip....;-)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Flew, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    This guy was most accommodating.

Got the fish:
    [​IMG]

Flip #1:
    [​IMG]

Catch #1:
    [​IMG]

Looking the other way:
    [​IMG]

Flip #2:
    [​IMG]

Looking for some privacy:
    [​IMG]

Time to eat:
    [​IMG]

Mmmmmmm:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

2. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Super series Frank,

Great angles and a nice change of pace seeing this from behind and in different lighting.

Wade

3. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Killer series, just wonderful
    I'm gonna kill my Calif. birds if they don't start eating better :biggrin:

Is there such a thing as fish lust :biggrin: :biggrin: :eek:

4. WOW a double RR ...degree of dificulty 4.8.... very nice captures sure wish I can get out and shoot soon

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks gents. You all know much I love shooting in Florida, but I'm realizing that I have a real gold mine right here in N AL. The weather stunk this weekend, but the birds were all over the place. I got one series (to be posted soon :rolleyes:), where there were four or five of them fighting over one huge fish.

Any time that you guys want to come down and join in, you are most welcome. :smile:

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama

I'll agree that the weather this weekend was definitely not ideal....but it doesn't seem to have affected these shots too much...i love it when you post those guys downing fish that size!!!

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Leigh. I knew when I left yesterday morning that the light was going to be very flat, but I enjoyed just getting out and shooting. Getting some nice shots was certainly a bonus. You and Patrick should come out the next time. :smile:

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great stuff Frank,

Talk about trained Herons.. Mayor ain't got nothin on this one..

Hummmm You have learned to throw the fish well for him

rofl..........

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Har, har Gale. Will admit though, this is certainly a target-rich shooting environment. :biggrin:

Thanks pal. :smile:

10. Another fun series Frank. You are sooooo good. Again this is the kind of light we live with here in the PNW. It may be months before we will see the sun again.. :eek: :eek: :eek:

11. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Nice shots Frank - that sure is a pretty bird! I'm hungry for fish now, but I think I'd like them cleaned and scaled.

12. Wow!

From time to time I see those Herons do that... but they're always too far. Nice Catches! This must be so rewarding!

13. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    Frank!

Pretty soon we're gonna see your photos splashed across National Geographic. :biggrin: Excellent series! Due to rain and a rotten stinkin' cold I was unable to shoot for the past 10 days.. I hope to get out this week and utilize that tripod! have held off on sending plate...want to try it a few times this week..ok??

14. Great series Frank! You seemed to be pretty much at the same level as the bird, which is a great perspective!

BTW, how many fish does it cost you to get them to do a double RR? :rolleyes:

15. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks for the kind words my friends. As I said before, we have found an absolute birdie shooting paradise which I would love to share if any or all of you are interested.

Trish, no prob with the plate.

16. Compliments, Frank! That's an amazing series. It looks like you've discovered an avian paradise at your doorstep!

17. Wow, Frank! Those are just amazing. Your technique and timing are impeccable, and those birdies of yours just magnificent: the fish does a good job in a "supporting" role! :smile: :biggrin:

You must be proud, understandably so. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

18. Frank you continue to amaze with your wonderful shots. These GBH's can certainly put away some chow and the double flip is great. Well done.

19. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks guys. I didn't even know that I had these until I got back home and saw them on the computer. You can bet that I smiled when I saw not one, but two flips in the same sequence. :tongue:

20. great series again. super sharp