Doug's official birthday shots :)

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by fyreflie24, Sep 30, 2008.

1. fyreflie24

fyreflie24

Jun 24, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    My big man turns 11 on Monday... wow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The last is hand cross processed... Doug loves funky processing so that was by his special request. :)

cc encouraged.

2. fyreflie24

fyreflie24

Jun 24, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    ps: this is the very first studio shot of any consequence I ever took (under Woody's tutulage). Every year, I come back to this image and think how much this kiddo has grown!

[​IMG]

3. Phil

Phil

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    He has grown and is turning into a handsome young man.

4. #3 is great. I really like the PP. Most kids that age would pick that one every time.

Good job, Donamari.

5. jshurak

jshurak

Aug 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    These are great! That last one has a 'David Bowie' feel to it!

6. drdrew

drdrew

Dec 28, 2007
    missouri
    they are all nice. good job on the toning :)

7. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Wow - I also love #3 - very funky but you've kept it still looking natural i.e. no funky green skin.

I'd love to know your lighting set up (even a picture if you have one)

Very handsome son!

8. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    I like them all, the xprocess is working well!

9. Very nice series! I know my teens would love these type of shots. By the way, what was your light set-up?

Thanks for sharing.

10. fyreflie24

fyreflie24

Jun 24, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    Lighting was very basic... Rembrandt light/45 degree high up placement, gridded 12x24" softbox and a 36 octabox on hairlight... reflector off about 4 ft I think to gently open shadows but keep definition.

11. BarkisPhoto

BarkisPhoto

Jul 20, 2007
    New England
    Hi, Donamari -- nice series! It's interesting to see how much he has grown/changed from your 'first studio shot.' Nice work! Some real 'keepers,' for sure...

Best Regards,

12. I like them all, but love the third one the most. He has great eyes.

13. fyreflie24

fyreflie24

Jun 24, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    Thanks for the comments :) My client seems pleased and this is a particularly difficult client TO please. He's acquired a rather sophisticated eye over his, lo, 11 years. Actually, i'm not joking about that... he's my go to guy when I'm torn between thing when I'm proofing.

Sandy: I agree, i'm in awe of his eyes. I can't take any credit for them so I feel like I can brag about them a bit more :)