Down Hill Longboarding

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by lexiticus, Jun 16, 2007.

1. So I was just taking scenic pictures with my Film camera (and Velvia) From the top of Knox Mountain (A park that doubles as a race track for a "hill climb" once a year)
    And When the lighting got really bad (And it looked like it was about to Rain) I started to head back down the mountain. But, on the way I noticed a few guys (And one girl) With Longboards and Helmets and protective gear getting set up for something. So after a short conversation I drove half way down the mountain and set up for pics. Turns out these guys are nuts! They brake by sliding the board sideways and pivoting on plastick pucks they have built into their gloves! And The Lean angles they get is almost frightening, I'm amazed they can stay on their boards.

I missed the one crash, but heres what I did get. All taken with my D50 and 80-200.

She was driving the Car to pick them up at the bottom so I figured she was just one of their girlfriends or soemthing. Turns out shes better than half of them!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nice captuures. The last shot is my fav. You may want to try cropping this image to a landscape, to me the implied action is east to west not north to south. Give it a try and see what happens.

3. Neat pics, something different! Gotta love that red duct tape on the guy's butt in #3...

4. Fantastic shots, Looks like a blast, I would love to try it.

5. Insane!!!

That last one is great.