Down on New Normal Beach

NCV

Real Name
Nigel
Here in Italy and much of the "Vax Free" EU, we are in total lockdown again and our basic freedoms of movement and association are being crushed yet again, after a relatively free summer and autumn last year.

I was in Guastalla a town on the River Po in Northern Italy for work and when i finished I took an stroll along the River. BTW i was breaking the law, I should have gone straight home.

During the Fascist "ventennio" , this was the "seaside" for the local population, as in the summer when the Po is low, sandy beaches form. The tropical sun shades gave me the feeling that this, perhaps, will be the only beach we will have this year as travel between provinces is a long way off here.

DSZ_6846 2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSZ_6859 2.jpg

DSZ_6836 1.jpg
DSZ_6853 1.jpg

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Great pictures Nigel.
#2 and #3 are reminding me to our family beach in Victoria / Cebu / Philippines.

Kind regards
Klaus

Real Name
Dan
Nice that you were able to get at least a short outing with camera in hand. Hopefully travel restrictions will begin to ease later this year. We've been to Italy twice and would like to visit once or twice more. We've not been anywhere south of Rome nor to the alps/dolomites.

NCV

Real Name
Nigel
Nice images. I find the light warmer and better in the first set.
Great pictures Nigel.
#2 and #3 are reminding me to our family beach in Victoria / Cebu / Philippines.

Kind regards
Klaus

Thanks. Yes the sun shades reminded me of some exotic location with cocktails at sunset.

I like the serenity of the first one. Best of luck to you and everyone else over there. My family loves Italy.

Thanks. We hope to see lots of visitors to Italy when this mess is over.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom