...down to 2...or 3...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by BourbonCowboy, Jun 18, 2007.

1. I really didn't want to do it...yeah....maybe I did want to do it. But I shouldn't have done it. Either way, I DID do it.

I just bought a couple lenses that were on my lust list. I picked up a Tokina 12-24 and a 50 1.4. I'd intended on only buying one...but denisavu (like the Godfather) made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Someone please tell me that the next month of eating Ramen noodles will be worth the sacrifice.:confused:

Now I'm just down to a Sigma 30 1.4 and a Cream Machine...and maybe a 105VR...and I'm done.

2. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    a good substitute for ramen are tostino's party pizzas... typically 10 for $10 and quite edible on a students budget at least. anyways, i'm jealous of your kit as it is and you have some very nice stuff on its way. good luck

3. I love the optimism! I've said that many a time...:biggrin:

4. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    I always liked the boxed Mac and Cheese better.

5. man oh man, I would love to pick up a couple on my lust list: 28-70mm, 17-55mm, 85mm.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    It will be worth the ramen if you wash off the salt and not use the stuff in that little pack:>))))
    Boy is that stuff salty....
    Never realized it till I stopped adding extra salt on my food. (besides what is there)

7. Congrats on your purchases, Mark. I know you'll enjoy and put both of them to good use. The next month of eating Ramen noodles will be worth the sacrifice (there, as requested, someone told you what you wanted to hear :wink:)

8. Definitely worth the sacrifice. Take Gale's advice, remove the seasoning packet, add a little bok choy and stir fry with low sodium soy sauce. You can even add tofu!!

Enjoy your lenses. It took me over eight years to accumulate my dream kit. I had plenty of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches along the way!! :wink:

9. You're deluding yourself. Whenever you think you're done, a new lust pops up from nowhere. :370:

10. Probably. But that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.:biggrin: