Downloading picture files

I'm a newbie, so please be patient. When I download my card in the SanDisk reader, isn't it supposed to delete the information on the card as it puts it into the computer? I thought the first few times I downloaded, it did that, and now it doesn't.

Hey, Chris, the answer is "It Depends" :lol:

Many of the applications, such as Digital Pro and Nikon Transfer, give you the option of deleting the files after they are copied. In Nikon Transfer this is found in the Transfer Options, click the little 'Tool Thingy" icon on the top right, and then Transfer tab.

I, personally, alwasys Copy, so that I have a fall-back if something happens during the copy.

What are you using for your transfers?

Real Name
Chris
Some software may delete the photos as it copies them, but this isn't part of the transfer process. When I simply mount the card in the reader and drag the picture folder onto my computer, it copies them and leaves the originals intact.

Then I usually do a two-button format upon returning the card to the camera.

Chris101 said:
Some software may delete the photos as it copies them, but this isn't part of the transfer process. When I simply mount the card in the reader and drag the picture folder onto my computer, it copies them and leaves the originals intact.

Then I usually do a two-button format upon returning the card to the camera.

That's exactly what I do, too.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom