Downtown Dog

R

Rick Waldroup

This dog and his owner live in a hi-rise apartment building in downtown Dallas.

The camera was a Nikon D1x with a 50mm 1.8 lens

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

R

Rick Waldroup

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You know Vince, I almost never shoot animals and I almost always convert my stuff to B&W, but I found this little guy and his master as they were taking a walk through downtown and I could not resist. He is a beauty, isn't he?

Real Name
Dave Watts
definitely not a standard Rick Waldroup image, but a great one none the less. Love the look iin his eyes

R

Rick Waldroup

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. My only regret is that I wish I had just a bit more light in his eyes to really make them sparkle. This was shot in deep shade.

Thanks once again.

He's beautiful Rick, and you captured him nicely! :smile: You could try Sonya's eye pop tutorial on his eyes, that may bring them out a bit. I often use it with good effect on my own dogs (whom I almost always shoot in shade). :smile:

Love his little white feet...he is sooooooo cute. Good job. Love the stare he's giving you.

R

Rick Waldroup

Thanks Gretchen for the tip. I will look into it.

Seneca, you know, for a puppy, he really had a laid back attitude. He appeared to be a very sophisticated, downtown kind of guy. :wink:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom