Downtown pictures

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Gilles, Sep 4, 2005.

1. All pictures taken with 17-55 and levelling plate.

Carmelite convent
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fence near the Urselines convent
    [​IMG]

Urselines convent
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2005
  2. Well done image. I like the dark sky which really makes the mission stand out. The red and white cross is particular compelling.

3. Gordon, i have been looking at those cross for years, this morning i went to take pictures of them. I should find a way to take pictures of them from far away with a telephoto lens and maybe if it's possible from the reflection from a far away glass building.

4. I agree. Excellent light and colour.

5. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Gilles,

Great shots as usual but the capture of the fence really stands out to me. I think it is spectacular in every way.

Thank you,

6. Super shots.

7. Tomorrow is supposed to be a nice day, I will try to go back with the VR70-200 to take shots from farther away for different views. Some of the picture were not that nice because of to much contrast between the shadow and highlight. Very often what you see and what you get are two different things, the eye is more sensitive than the camera can grab.

8. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    nice compositions

I found all of these pictures very interesting and enjoyable to view. Congratulations on such a great job.