Downtown with the 70-200 (2)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Gilles, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Food fest
    [​IMG]

Bicycle at the Loon bed & breakfast
    [​IMG]

View from the Loon B&B
    [​IMG]

View on Urseline street
    [​IMG]

Solar clock
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2005
  2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Great photos, thanks for sharing

3. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    One and two are for framing and a place on the wall
    Composition,colors ,great work

4. You are really getting the most out of your images Gilles. I'm sure that some of this is post processing but you must have excellent images to start with. Way to go.

5. Gordon, there's some light post processing (I am still bad at it) to sharpens the picture, the greatest improvement in my pictures has come with the use of a cable release and mirror lock-up. I looked at my pictures before I use the cable release of the same subject and you can see clearly the difference, and also the tripod I use can really show up in the details.

6. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    Gilles,

I really like all eight of the pictures in part 1 and part 2.

The ones I like best are #1 and #2 of the second set. The yellow bike in the yellow flowers works great. The first (umbrellas) looks a little over sharpened. Did you do a lot of sharpening or is the lens that incredible?

John

7. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I Love the bicycle shot.....the yellow w/the YELLOW flowers...superb!

8. These a great shots Gilles. You have incredible saturation in there. You are right about using the cable, the pod and the MLU option. The D70 has no MLU and no cable. But I use the timer or the IR release. At least.

9. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Nice colours. I'm impressed of the bike shot. Wish I had taken that one.

10. John, I think that the VR70-200f2.8 is one of the sharpess lens. I just add a little bit in NC in Unsharp 30-35-0.

11. Gilles, very nice shots. Sharp, contrasty and saturated colors. My favorites are the bycicle and the building wall ones.

12. Benoit that wall one with the young kid on the right, He tried every trick he could find to be in the picture.