Downy Woodpeckers

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Was able to spend a beautiful fall morning out front with my coffee camera and some willing models, doesn't get much better than that. All shot with the D2X with the 200-400VR with 1.4 tele and SB800 in fill flash mode
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Such a beautiful bird and your photographs of it really bring that out. Very well done Mike. Woodpeckers are some of the neates birds around.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    He is Beautiful Mike,
    Exceptional.
    I think you talk to them too :>))
    Looks like he is listening.

I talk to the birds all the time. Ya know they do listen. :>))

4. Excellent work Mike and what a way to spend the morning!
    Dave

5. There you go showing off with those models on the front door step again.....LOL!!!!!!!!! Beautiful shots, got to luv that combo, nicely done as always Mike

6. I just spilled my morning tea. These are so good Mike. WOW is all I can say. Great job as always Mike.

7. Very nice, Mike! Glad to see someone's got some great weather. Nice colors on these!

8. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Nice shots Mike...

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Uh, Mike, you're right, it really doesn't get much better than these. Excellent shots. :smile:

10. Gordon
    Thanks there was a smorgasbord of birdies this morning which I will post later. I was hoping that the red bellied woodpecker showed up but he did not cooperate

11. Thanks Gale I was hoping the the weather changed today and I was able to get some decent shots and or once it cooperated. I sing to them I play Jackson Browne they really like him

12. Dave It is a great start to any day thanks for looking

13. Keith
    I had just set up the feeders last week and this morning they were all over the place. Thanks for looking I do like the X on the 200-400

14. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Outstanding !!
    sharpness and wonderful light

15. James
    Thanks so much hope you didnt burn yourself :smile:

16. Yea well the weather is going down the toilet for the next 3 days

17. Thanks for looking Dave

18. Thanks Frank I was pleased with all the shots from this AM I will be posting species by species later on. We all deserve a good day every once in a while