DPReview

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dburanich, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Decided to go onto DPReview this morning since I haven't been there in quite some time. Read a few posts and was really disappointed in the amount of downright ugly flaming and personality bashing that sometimes goes on there. It really makes me appreciate that much more, the down to earth kindness and friendliness that is displayed on this board. When you have a problem or question there are always a lot of members who are more than happy to share their knowledge and experiences with you without questioning your abilities or intentions. My thanks to the administrators and moderators of this forum who have done such a great job. You have something truly great going on here.

2. That's why we're all here, Dave. Nice peaceful friendly folks who just want to talk about making pictures as best we can. I second your sentiments about the admins and mods. This is truly a great little corner on the earth....

3. I've never participated at dpr but read it daily and have for the last year and a half. What sets this place apart and what I really like seeing happening is when Cafe members have the opportunity to meet up and go on a shoot together. I was fortunate to experience that myself at Merritt Island II. Can't wait for Merritt Island III.

And at the risk of sounding a suck up, I think Frank is really super. He's been very generous in many ways and when I met him in person, he was gracious enough to spend a little time one on one with me and provide me with some tips. Due to him, I feel my skill level has increased substantially.

I haven't met that many of the folks here yet, but hope to have the opportunity in the coming months (and years).

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Kev,

Thanks for the kind words, but it didn't take much on my part to get you going. You've got three of the characteristics that you need to be good at this avocation; a good eye, a sharp mind, and a burning desire to excel. When you have those qualities, success is assured. :wink:

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Frank has helped me alot as well.

Got me shootin manual :>))) Loved it and did pretty fair for the first time.

He just told it like it was. Sweet and simple.

Also for being a great friend, and Janie as well.