DPReview

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Allan, Jul 9, 2007.

1. I remember reading someplace about changes in the web design on dpreview. Right now if I try to go to the home page I get a time out error. If I go to the Nikon sub forum, I have to wait a long time and I finally get to a screen where the background color is white, unlike what I am used to seeing.

I tried on a Mac and a PC with similar results.

Are any of you getting to dpreview? If so, did you have to make any changes a week or two ago?

2. DPatheticReview...

3. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    As of this morning, things looked the same to me. IE7. As in normal black background.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2007
  4. Baywing - you mean the black background?

5. Still looks the same to me on Firefox. Both under Windaes and Linux.

Ronnie

6. And that's a yes to a black background. :)

Ronnie

7. Alan,

This may be an issue with your computer. DPreview looks just fine to me, on my computer.

8. Jaws

Jaws

Mar 27, 2007
    Columbia, MD
    Empty your cache and see if that fixes it.

9. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    They did add a few tweaks to the forum software, but the basic look and feel remains unchanged. I haven't had any problems accessing the site lately, including today.

10. Works just as bad as every for me.

11. Something is messed up here. I have tried Mac and PC, different browsers.

The site is still www.dpreview.com - right?

12. Looks perfectly normal to me. The last time I had that type of thing happen I had to completely clear my cache (in firefox).

13. Yup! And even when I click on your link it comes up just fine.

14. genehsu

genehsu

Apr 15, 2007
    Seattle
    Did you try to a full reload ([shift]-reload)? The regular browser page load doesn't refresh stylesheets.

15. I cleared cache - still the same problem. When I click on the link I get a time out error. When I go straight to the Nikon sub forum (through a bookmark), it takes 5-6 minutes to appear and looks like this screenshot.

[​IMG]

16. genehsu

genehsu

Apr 15, 2007
    Seattle
    DP Review updated their stylesheet a few weeks back. You just have to do a full reload, and then you're back in business.

Try shift-F5 or shift-<click on reload button>. If that doesn't work, try control or command-shift.

17. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Hi Allan,

I remember a post by Phil Askey in his News item on the redesign that DPReview now uses CSS formatting while the old version used table formatting. So it may be that you need to look into your browsers' options, or perhaps even your global options to be sure that you are set up to handle that. Typically old browsers do not work so well with CSS formatting.

18. Allen, Looks the same for me, black background, yellow text. Clicked on your link at 2:11 PM

Anthony

19. Clearing cache worked for me

I had the same problem with DPReview and FoxFire on my Mac. I cleared all caches and the display was back to normal.

Chet

20. I finally got it fixed. I unplugged my cable modem and router for a half hour. When I plugged them back in all is fine.

Thanks for the suggestions.