1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

DR5 (right angle finder) and D700

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by lanthier, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Hi All,

I tried to fit the DR5 onto the D700 and it does not fit. The thread on the DR5 is too small for the opening on the D700. I got this used, so I am assuming there is something critical missing, any idea what it is (an adapter or something I guess), and if it is possible to buy one?

Thanks in advance!

2. Hi Rich,

Is the threaded part on your DR-5 silver or black? If it's silver then you are missing the adapter ring that's supposed to come with it. On mine, the black adapter ring screws onto the silver fixed thread making it bigger.

Sorry, I don't have a D700 to try it on...but it fits the D2X with the black adapter.

Greg

3. Hi Greg, it is silver,I think the part I need to get for it is the DK018 eyepiece adapter. It is here at B&H Does this look like it???

4. I ordered the DK18 from B&H. Sure hope it is the right thing... I love the right angle finder, and miss having it, especially when it is so hot and humid out!!! Minimal movement needed!

5. Rich,

Sorry for the late reply...yes, that looks like the adapter on mine.

Greg

6. Excellent. Thanks Greg.It is in the mail from B&H, hopefully here by Saturday...

7. Just FYI, this WAS the piece I needed. Kind of a klunky design!!! And I thought the DR5 was strange... Happy to be at right angles again...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.