1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Dragon and Damsel

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by wingspar, Jul 9, 2008.

1. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    I rarely shoot bugs. Can’t seem to get them in focus, but after reading some threads on shooting damsels and dragons here the other day, I decided to give it a try when I accidentally stopped at a place that was teeming with them. Finding out that dragon flies are territorial in another thread really helped. I knew he would probably come back. While clarity isn’t great, and nothing like they looked on the LCD (D200), I decided to post some anyway. These were all done with the 105 VR and a 1.4 TC. C&C appreciated.

99926930.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

99926932.jpg

99926933.jpg

99926935.jpg

99926937.jpg

2. Ron S

Ron S Guest

NICE!! Those are definately in focus, tack sharp even. That second shot is a 10

3. nice collection of dragons and damsels

beautiful shots

4. Camare

Camare Guest

Gary... I think those are darned good! Better than anything I've ever gotten!! :smile: :biggrin:

5. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    Thank you three for looking. While these are ok, they are not up to what I was hoping for, but better than what I usually get. Too lazy to set the tripod up, so they are hand held.

6. Nice series, Gary!

7. nothing wrong with handheld Gary - that's how I shoot all my dragons

8. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Very nice Gary. That's an interesting looking damselfly.

9. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    Thank for the comments. That last damsel fly was a neat color. He didn’t stick around long enough to get any more shots of him that were in focus. Today I saw a lime green dragon fly. He landed on the trail I was walking on right in front of me, and took off immediately, never to be seen again. I’ve never seen one that color before, except in other peoples photos on the web.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.