1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Dragon Boat Festival

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by MrDalgof, Aug 1, 2008.

1. MrDalgof

MrDalgof

Apr 6, 2006
    Colorado, USA
    This was a fun way to spend an afternoon. But I had one major mishap that's never happened before: Somehow, after setting and checking metering, I inadvertently switched on bracketing mode. So for much of the eye dotting ceremony before the races, only 1 out of every 3 or so shots taken was properly exposed. :frown:

343091301_AEqd5-XL.

343092178_LnnQY-XL.

343093734_ZY5jc-XL.

343097057_mJYtT-XL.

[​IMG]

343097941_Hjyyv-XL.

343102357_QgN2n-XL.

2. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    So Fla
    nice series

the Coors ad kinda spoils the whole Oriental boat thing though ,huh ?:cool: 

3. MrDalgof

MrDalgof

Apr 6, 2006
    Colorado, USA
    The Coors sponsorship logo was even more glaringly juxtaposed with some of the surroundings than in this photo. I thought about PS-ing it out, but decided to be more impartial and leave it.

Such is life in Coors country...

4. veloman

veloman

Aug 22, 2007
    ,UK
    I liked that set a lot Chris,the Sitar player photograph does it for me,a wonderfully caught expression.

V.

5. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    So Fla
    I understand Chris
    no reflection on your shots

just making a comment on the placement of it..
    as you said, they were everywhere..why there ...LOL

6. Nice series .... too bad about the camera settings. The ones you've posted are really good.

Best,

7. nicely done Chris. We have one coming up in Sept that I want to go to...looks like your life preservers are less obtrusive than the ones I'll see....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.