Dragon Fruit

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by NikonK, Aug 5, 2005.

1. NikonK

NikonK

May 27, 2005
    I took this few days ago and would like to share with you all.

D70 + 80-200 AFD. Zoom 180mm @f/8 125sec with tripod. Convert from NEF to JPEG using Photoshop. No PS but only resize for web.

Thank you for viewing.

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    FahMun,

First let me say welcome to the Cafe. Very nice capture. I don't think that I'm familiar with this plant. Where was this shot taken?

I look forward to many more. :wink:

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Welcome to the cafe.
    Beautiful flower, or pod ??

Cactus of some sort ?? Where or why does it get that name.

Very pretty picture.

4. NikonK

NikonK

May 27, 2005
    Dragon Fruit is a species of cactus also known as Pitaya. Its taste like the Kiwi fruit but not as sweet as other fruit.

The funny thing is that Dragon Fruit has a beautiful flower that blooms only 1st and 15th day of the lunar calendar especially at night.

This shot was taken at my mother in law's backyard. By the way I am from Malaysia.

Try search in the internet and you'll find a lot of information about this fruit.

Thanks for viewing...

Cheers!

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice image of an interesting plant. Another great perk of being a member of the Cafe is seeing things that are not native to your region. Thanks so much for posting your image.

6. FahMun,

Welcome to the Cafe! Your dragon fruit image is lovely. Thank you for sharing.

7. I have seen this plant before and appreciate your explanation. Well exposed image.

8. Hermie

Hermie

Jul 23, 2005
    Very nice FahMun,

Just peeked at your gallery, very nice indeed. The sate ayam looks just delicious. You know what I really love, sate kambing with kecap sauce!

Herman

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank you very much for the information. Appreciated