Dragon Fruit

I took this few days ago and would like to share with you all.

D70 + 80-200 AFD. Zoom 180mm @f/8 125sec with tripod. Convert from NEF to JPEG using Photoshop. No PS but only resize for web.

Thank you for viewing.

FahMun,

First let me say welcome to the Cafe. Very nice capture. I don't think that I'm familiar with this plant. Where was this shot taken?

I look forward to many more. :wink:

Welcome to the cafe.
Beautiful flower, or pod ??

Cactus of some sort ?? Where or why does it get that name.

Very pretty picture.

Dragon Fruit is a species of cactus also known as Pitaya. Its taste like the Kiwi fruit but not as sweet as other fruit.

The funny thing is that Dragon Fruit has a beautiful flower that blooms only 1st and 15th day of the lunar calendar especially at night.

This shot was taken at my mother in law's backyard. By the way I am from Malaysia.

Try search in the internet and you'll find a lot of information about this fruit.

Thanks for viewing...

Cheers!

Very nice image of an interesting plant. Another great perk of being a member of the Cafe is seeing things that are not native to your region. Thanks so much for posting your image.

Very nice FahMun,

Just peeked at your gallery, very nice indeed. The sate ayam looks just delicious. You know what I really love, sate kambing with kecap sauce!

Herman

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom