Dragon hunt today....

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Spectre, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Today was pretty slow... it was overcast and threatening rain. Not much flying.

1. Widow Skimmer
    [​IMG]

2. Widow Skimmer
    [​IMG]

3. Pacific Clubtail
    [​IMG]

4. Pacific Clubtail
    [​IMG]

5. Pacific Clubtail
    [​IMG]

2. Great shots -- is that with the 105 or the 300? I like the 1st and 3rd ones a lot.

3. I would like to have one your slow days:smile: i would really like to have your dragons, the first one would make a nice large wall hanger.

4. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    David,
    Thank You. These are shot with the 300 f/4, the 105 just didn't give me enough working distance. I was scaring more dragons away than I was shooting.

Tom,
    Thanks for the comments. In addition to these, I also shot a male and female Pondhawk, but don't really care for the setting because they were on the ground. I blew 2 shots of Darners due to taking too long.... seems everything was a bit skittish today.

5. Looks like a great hunt to me, very nice Paul!

6. Well young man you are really coming on. These are excellent.

Bob F.

7. Impressive!

8. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Top drawer shots. I love your crops and composition here. The light seems perfect with that overcast. That Pacific Clubtail is a very pretty dragon.

9. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Jeff,
    Thank you. Any time I get to escape by myself and chase little bugs around.... is a great hunt.

Thanks Bob. Without the help and example of you great bug guys here, I wouldn't have been able to step up my .

Thanks Joey.

Thanks Torben. The light wasn't bad, when the weather gets like this the light is just really flat. I actually saw 3 other Clubtails, this was the only one who would cooperate. I really like how Blue their eyes are.

10. Nice series. If I were to pick a winner, it would be the first shot. Did you use tubes, or just the lens? I've used tubes with my 300 2,8 and the results were pretty amazing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.