1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Dragon on final approach

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by threecats, Jul 28, 2008.

1. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    One of my favorite dragonflies, the Aeshna viridis. Very rare here. I have only seen it twice.

DIF's are very hard to get. I think this is my best try.

original.
    NIKON D300    ---    300mm    f/5.0    1/1600s    ISO 500

2. Counter

Counter

Sep 18, 2007
    London
    This is the best I ever got and was by pure luck (as they usually are) :smile:

[​IMG]

3. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Those are incredible guys.... I won't even... ah heck, I can handle embarassment. Here's mine... but it's bad. Really bad....

[​IMG]

4. fantastic! the only one I ever got so far I kinda knew I had was because there was a bit more of a concentrated blob of pixels in front of the OOF background blob

5. Quite a shot taken with a 70-200! I've tried to capture DIF. I am just not quick enough even if one passes my lens, my focus is off. Maybe I should try great big birds first.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.