Dragonfly in my Rosebusch

Discussion in 'Birds' started by andreasb, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Not sure if we call this a bird for the bird section but it does fly... Anyway beat me up on it if you want :smile:

I walked out of the garage and almost walked into this large Dragonfly that sat on our climbing rose busch. I ran into the get the D3, 105mm VR and SB-800 and thought for sure that it would be gone. But it sat there nicely for several minutes while I fired away...

So here goes:

original.

original.

My favorite of the bunch...
    original.

original.

2. guc32

guc32

Feb 23, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Wow great shots.

3. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    Excellent stuff - love the colour diversity!

4. Wow those are some very sharp pictures there Andreas. How did you get it to sit still for you? They always fly away when I try. Very nice. Those are some fine roses also.

5. Fantastic shots Andreas. I've yet to try my 105VR on the D3, looks like a sweet combination. You were fortunate in having the Dragonfly sit still as long as it did for you...very well done. I really like how the background roses are rendered in a soft OOF mood.

6. Thank you

Thank you I tried my best to get that, so thanks for the compliment
    Thanks Jim , I'll trya tripod next time and try how far up I can go with the Fstops before difraction rears it's ugly head...
    Thanks Louis, most lenses look good with a D3 behind, but the 105 VR does better then ont he D2X never liked it on the x....

7. Great series Andréas I like number 3 the best as well :smile:

Regards

Ian

8. cool shot Andreas, the last one looks good with the bg as it is.

9. Gee, Andreas, couldn't you get some more wing detail????? :wink::biggrin::smile:

These are grand. So nice that it sat so long for you. I wish some of the small birds would be so cooperative.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.