Dragonfly in my Rosebusch

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
Not sure if we call this a bird for the bird section but it does fly... Anyway beat me up on it if you want :smile:

I walked out of the garage and almost walked into this large Dragonfly that sat on our climbing rose busch. I ran into the get the D3, 105mm VR and SB-800 and thought for sure that it would be gone. But it sat there nicely for several minutes while I fired away...

So here goes:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My favorite of the bunch...

Wow those are some very sharp pictures there Andreas. How did you get it to sit still for you? They always fly away when I try. Very nice. Those are some fine roses also.

Fantastic shots Andreas. I've yet to try my 105VR on the D3, looks like a sweet combination. You were fortunate in having the Dragonfly sit still as long as it did for you...very well done. I really like how the background roses are rendered in a soft OOF mood.

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you

Wow great shots.
Thank you I tried my best to get that, so thanks for the compliment
Excellent stuff - love the colour diversity!
Thanks Jim , I'll trya tripod next time and try how far up I can go with the Fstops before difraction rears it's ugly head...
Wow those are some very sharp pictures there Andreas. How did you get it to sit still for you? They always fly away when I try. Very nice. Those are some fine roses also.
Thanks Louis, most lenses look good with a D3 behind, but the 105 VR does better then ont he D2X never liked it on the x....
Fantastic shots Andreas. I've yet to try my 105VR on the D3, looks like a sweet combination. You were fortunate in having the Dragonfly sit still as long as it did for you...very well done. I really like how the background roses are rendered in a soft OOF mood.

Gee, Andreas, couldn't you get some more wing detail????? :wink::biggrin::smile:

These are grand. So nice that it sat so long for you. I wish some of the small birds would be so cooperative.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom