Dragonfly Poser

Real Name
Tim
Walking around my pond yesterday we had a few late summer dragonflies fluttering around the fountains so I grabbed my D850, the new 70-200E and my 300 pf and worked on knocking some more dust off....

850_2039.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

850_2050.jpg

850_2066.jpg

850_2073.jpg
850_2102.jpg

Last edited:
Real Name
Dan
That is impressive to get them in focus while fyling. Dragonflies are so erratic. Good work.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Stunning images of them in flight! So very well done! Are they a mixture of the 70-200E and the 300 PF? Wish the exif info was showing up. What shutter speed?

Real Name
Tim
Stunning images of them in flight! So very well done! Are they a mixture of the 70-200E and the 300 PF? Wish the exif info was showing up. What shutter speed?

Thanks! Yah - it's a mix....I'm kinda glad the exif isn't showing up - I noticed after the fact that all of these were shot at iso 3200...shutter speeds ran the gambit through the set from 1/1000 all the way up to 1/8000....the full set was 18 images that I deemed usable...

I'm not sure why the exif isn't showing up tho - it used to show up for me...maybe the way I'm adding the photos?

Real Name
Tim
I'm not sure why the exif isn't showing up tho - it used to show up for me...maybe the way I'm adding the photos?

Ugh - I really need to pay more attention. I had taken a set of photos for a paying shoot a few months back and for reasons had stripped the exif info from the photos on export. Forgot to undo those settings. :p I'm not going to reimport the images, but if there's a specific one anyone wants to know about the settings on please don't hesitate to ask....

Like I said....knocking the dust off.... :D

Real Name
Tim
Added a few more with the exif intact this time.... :D

850_2036.jpg

850_2058.jpg

850_2099.jpg

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom