1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Dragonfly :)

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by CoOokie, Jul 5, 2008.

1. CoOokie

CoOokie

May 4, 2008
    Poland
    Hi. So there I was shooting my uncle fishing and a beautiful dragonfly landed very close to me. So... here is the shot (C&C more than welcomed).

DSC_2227.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2008
  2. CoOokie

CoOokie

May 4, 2008
    Poland
    Still no comments on my dragonfly shot? :|

3. You had better be careful shooting these. You will become addicted and need expensive macro lenses, telephotos, extension tubes, tripods and all kinds of stuff:biggrin::biggrin:. Seriously, they are a lot of fun to shoot. Looks like you were very close to this one. There may be a little camera movement or slightly out of focus, but a pretty good start. Thanks for sharing your image, and keep shooting.

4. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Very nice shot of the Orthetrum cancellatum. The are very shy and difficult to catch. They often perch horizontally on some material that reflects the heat.

5. CoOokie

CoOokie

May 4, 2008
    Poland
    Thanks for comments. I know that it's dangerous hobby (for my bank account of course) :)  And here are some details of settings (no camera movement here):
    lens: Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 LD Di Macro 1:2
    shutter: 1/1250s
    aperture: f/8
    ISO: 400
    focal length: 300mm + macro on
    WB: Auto
    + PP in Photoshop

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.